San Gabriel Valley YMCA
Working at the Y is a great way to live our mission and serve our community!
For Camp E.L.K. job descriptions & supplemental application, click here.
Subsitute Program Specialist ASES
The substitute after school leader will be responsible for a group of 25 students and will assist them with homework, literacy, math, science, themed activities and the computer lab. The substitute will manage all classroom discipline, policies, procedures and first aid. This candidate will communicate effectively, have a strong academic background, be flexible with students and feel comfortable with providing good customer service. In addition, the program specialist will be supervised by a Site Director and work with a team of other program specialist to deliver a high quality program. The substitute program specialist will be responsible for creating lesson plans and participate in monthly trainings to enhance and build on previous skills. We are looking for staff that are flexible, creative, and diverse and enjoy working with a team. We prefer staff members that enjoy working with kids and can commit to at least 3 days a week, but that may be available all week. This is a great position for people interested in teaching, education, child development, human services and social work.
- Successfully pass district instructional aid test and/or obtain 48 college units
- MUST be available at least three days out of the week. We prefer every day Monday-Friday from 1:30pm-6:00pm and Wednesday from 12:30pm-5:30pm
- MUST pass livescan, TB test and health screening. We pay and provide these tests.
- CPR/First Aid within a month of employment
- 6 months experience working with children
- This is a part time, substitute, seasonal position (10 month). Staff are re-hired for the next school year based on performance.
- ONLY candidates that meet all the requirements will be called for an interview. We are looking to fill spots in the next few days.
- Download the Employment Application above to get started today!